You cannot go wrong adding vegetables to your diet (well at least ones that are not over processed….) so what can be better that roasted garlic cauliflower? Well for some maybe a few things but cauliflower has a lot going for it. If you are planning on mincing your own garlic it is suggested that you crush it and let it set for 10-15 minutes. A lot of the health benefits come from the chemical in the outer shell mixing with those in the middle. Then mince the garlic.
Vitamins and Minerals
Cauliflower is a good source of:
- folate, a B vitamin good for cells and tissues
- vitamin K helps with bone density
- vitamin C which help with strengthening your immune system.
Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Ingredients
- 1 large head cauliflower, separated into florets
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
How to prepare Roasted Garlic Cauliflower
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a large casserole dish ( use a high temperature oil).
- Place the olive oil and garlic in a large resealable bag. Add cauliflower, and shake to mix. Pour into the prepared casserole dish, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 25 minutes, stir after 12-13 minutes. Top with Parmesan cheese and parsley, and broil for 3 to 5 minutes, until golden brown.